The Moorabool Environment Group works for ecological sustainability and environmental awareness, locally and globally
We are an Incorporated Association concerned with environmental issues in the Moorabool Shire of Victoria, Australia. The Moorabool Shire has a population of around 27,000 people, and includes the towns of Bacchus Marsh, Ballan and 40 other small communities. You can also follow our news on facebook.
Some of the activities we create and participate in are:
- A quarterly email newsletter. Subscribe here.
- Providing information for the general community, (eg. Western Water have a great resource called Home Harvest. Check it out here).
- Solar Information sessions
- Local produce dinner (2015 was a four course Vegetarian Dinner at The Plough)
- Spring Garden Workshops (for eg keeping chooks, starting a worm farm & successful composting)
- Monthly Produce Swap in Bacchus Marsh
- Tree planting with various Friends and Landcare groups and Grow West
- Public Information sessions (for eg on Health issues surrounding open cut coal mines)
- Lobbying to Government and other relevant parties regarding mining development in the area
- Liaison with other environmental organisations
- Clean Up Australia events